I'm a second year PhD student at INRIA Bordeaux under the supervision of Pierre-Yves Oudeyer.
Email me at email@example.com
My topics of interests include developmental psychology and developmental robotics: we try to create curious robots that learn like children, both to inform, make hypothesis and predictions on children learning mechanisms, and to come up with robots better able to learn in complex child-like environments. In particular, we are interested in the development of tool-use and vocal skills in children and we study the development of those skills in robots with curiosity-driven learning mechanisms and social feedback.
Open Source Software:
I'm one of the maintainers of the Explauto Python library allowing to study, model and simulate curiosity-driven learning and exploration in virtual and robotic agents. Take a look !
You can also find a tutorial on the exploration algorithms we developed with comparisons of several concepts (Motor Babbling, Goal Babbling, Model Babbling). This Jupyter notebook can either be read-only, or tested interactively (so that you can study new parameters) if you download the Github repository and run the notebook with Jupyter.
- We got a Notable Mention for our Demonstration at NIPS 2016 ! Here is a video. (The Thirthieth Annual Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems, Barcelona, Spain, December 5-10th)
- Interactive Presentation at IROS 2016 (IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Daejeon, Korea, October 9-14th)
- Talk at ICDL 2016 (The Sixth Joint IEEE International Conference Developmental Learning and Epigenetic Robotics, Cergy-Pontoise, France, September 19-22nd)
- Talk at LCICD 2016 (First Lancaster Conference on Infant and Child Development, Lancaster University, UK, August 25-27th)
- Talk at CogSci 2016 (38th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, August 10-13th)
- Attended MLSS 2016 (Machine Learning Summer School, Cadiz, Spain, May 11-21th)
- Poster presentation at ICDL 2015 (The Fifth Joint IEEE International Conference Developmental Learning and Epigenetic Robotics, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, USA, August 13-16th)